Tuesday, August 17, 2021

From Old Table to Magickal Altar: WitchCrafting

         Today we are making an altar!! I have spent the week remodeling my kitchen so I wanted to share a remodeling project with you. This is the witchiest remodeling project I could think of J I bought this old table at Goodwill for like $10, and planned to do something with it. As projects often do it sat around for a couple of years. Now it’s a beautiful altar for the entry way of your home. You can use it to welcome and thank the Gods, and ancestor altar, or a blessing before you leave and when you come home altar. Your imagination is the limit!
You will need:
An old table, nightstand, dresser, etc.
Sandpaper
Screwdriver
Sticker Paper
Paint Pens
Total Cost: Under $20 (if you limit your table cost to $10 that is the only variable)
 I forgot to take a before picture. I do this a LOT! I have hundreds of pictures of half eaten birthday cakes!
First I had to peel through the contact paper on top and sand the sides and legs. I scraped it off with a screwdriver and a piece of sandpaper. Later I found out you can pay a stripper to do it much easier! I’m just kidding he said you can buy something called stripper at the store.




             Once I got all of this off I sanded it smooth I wiped it down with a wet rag to get the extra dusty bits off. I really like dark woods so I wanted to stain it a mahogany color. I got a small can at Walmart for like $3!! I wanted the top to stand out so I only stained it and not the legs. I painted the legs black to help the top stand out as well.
  



After the stain and paint dried I printed a sticker of a pentacle with moons on sticker paper (you can get a pack of 3 at Michael’s for like $5) for the top and painted the symbols for the elements in the corners. I used a paint pen to write on the lip under the top on all four sides. The front is shown below. The back says Blessed Be and the sides are runes. I used a paint pen to write Namaste' on the bottom tray. 





                The finished product decorates and in place! The total cost for this project was under $20!! Good will and thrift stores are gold mines for crafters. Just be sure to not let your crafts, and would be craft projects, run you out of your home!



No comments:

Post a Comment